littleredqueen’s No-Mess Risotto
All the flavors of a great risotto without the mess in your kitchen! And quick enough to make on a weeknight so you can clean up fast and get back to your homework—or be done in time to watch the game!
What you need:
1) In a medium saucepan, cook the onions and garlic (and the mushrooms if you needed them!) in about 2 tbsp of olive oil until the onions are transparent. Add the chicken and/or shrimp and cook thoroughly.
2) In the same pot, follow the directions on the back of the box to make the risotto. Instead of using 2 1/2 cups of plain water like the directions say, use 2 cups of water plus the chicken base (this makes the broth, just like for real risotto) and the 1/2 cup of Pinot Grigio.
3) Cook according to directions.
4) After about half of the liquid is absorbed by the risotto (maybe 13 minutes or so) stir in the peas and let it continue to cook.
5) Finish up with butter and Parmesan like the box says! :D
tagged as: risotto. weeknight cooking.
posted on February 13, 2012